Sunday, March 27, 2011

anxiety (Poetry)


anxiety

shaking
quaking
twitching
itching
scratching
never relaxing
never the chance to breathe – in and …
…out the door
hit the floor
running
to a destination unknown
known to be out of reach
but still reaching for greatness
when greatness only slips
through
my
fingers

fingers that tap the table
rhythmically
sending my body
into an uncontrolled dance
of shaking
quaking
twitching
itching
scratching
never relaxing
never time to stop

my mind racing
leaving my mouth chasing
words never spoken
am I broken
on a level unknown
or is it known
but not shown
to the world
instead curled
inside my head
making me seem brain dead
but instead
my brain is more alive
it just can’t thrive
on normal levels
of non interaction
when you run away from me
scared because
I am shaking
quaking
twitching
itching
scratching
and never relaxing

No comments:

Post a Comment