Monday, February 21, 2011

First Post

I have started a total of four blogs on four different sites.  I have yet to find one that works for me.  Hopefully this one will be different.  I have heard a lot of good things about it.

I have to date completed 12 62,000+ word novels and am working on 4 others.  Only one of the completed one am I happy with.  I am happy with 1 of the ones I am working on now as well.  But mainly at this stage of my career I am writing just to write.  The more I write and read the better I become at it.  My twelfth novel is so much better than my first one and this one which will be my fifteenth novel is damn good in my opinion.

I love writing.  I have been writing poetry professionally for ten years and for the last two years I have tried to make a little money off my poetry.  I also self published a book of poetry titled POETIC VISIONS OF AN UNCUT MIND.  I have been writing novels for about five years but only finished my first one last year.  Like I said before, the more I write the better I become at it.  I need to get better at writing my query letter and any advice on that I will be happy to hear/read.  So this is my first post.  Oh and here's a couple of pictures of my children



Joey 11 months

Keagen 5 Years

1 comment:

  1. Hey William!

    I found a very helpful blog a while back that shows how to do a successful query letter. I am not quite ready for my query letter, I'm still doing a final re-read of my novel. But I thought maybe this would help you!
    http://www.yafantasyguide.com/articles/how-to-write-a-query-letter.htm

    Also, there are a few blogs that you have to follow. Great advice for blogging, query letters, publishing, even networking. One is Nathan Bransford: http://blog.nathanbransford.com/
    And the other is Novel Publicity (I follow Emlyn on twitter too):http://www.novelpublicity.com/2011/02/build-a-facebook-author-page-and-get-people-to-like-it-a-20-step-guide/
    They can be followed from FaceBook as well. Always great advice!
    Good Luck! And now I have to go write my blog for the week...
    Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete